Wednesday, September 1, 2010

That’s What I Try To Tell Myself Anyway

A few days later I accepted a friend request from you. By doing so, I had not expected an adventure to develop. A romance. The messages started out superficial. Surface level. But as time went on, and with each response the emails started to form depth, insight and understanding. Revealing and exposing ourselves. I started to know you. And you me. I started to fall for you. For your dreams, your thoughts, your passions. You became my ultimate crush. I kept this to myself, how silly it was to fall for someone over messages.

It would be a month until I would return. You were true to what I had thought you to be. I was nervous to be around you. You gave me butterflies. We walked down the pier, as I questioned you about your likes, your loves, your dislikes, your dreams. Everything. I wanted to soak you in. I wanted to know all about you. I had not spent enough time with you, let alone time by ourselves. The night before you left, I helped you packed though sorrow surrounded me heavily. You gave me a look that I would never forget. Nobody ever looked at me that way. With such desire. Such admiration. Such regret. I wish I could have seen me through your eyes.

You went to a new place. The messages rarely continued now. But still, the friendship deepened. My feelings intensified. It was more than a crush. You were a person I was truly, madly and deeply in love with. That’s what I try to tell myself anyway.


No comments: