What a blessing to have friends with whom to share our joys and our sorrows. When sorrow is shared, it is divided, and when joy is shared, it is multiplied. One truth I have enjoyed sharing is that openness is to wholeness what secrets are to sickness.
The full meaning of this is that we can become well by sharing our pain with friends who can keep confidences and be understanding. A sense of wholeness and well-being results when we are able to unburden ourselves with trusted friends.
This is how our fellowship with God can be. He knows our every need; He knows our limitations and our faults. What a comfort to know that when we confess our sins and receive His forgiveness, God no longer sees our sins because they are removed as far as the east is from the west.
As well as family, friends are the love of my life as they understand my past, believe in my future and accept me just the way I am. I’ve heard sympathy defined as “your pain in my heart.” How true that sharing my pain with my friends binds me so close to them that they experience my sorrow as their own. What a luxury it is to have friends who take my pain into their hearts. Through God, we have such a circle of friends.
My Lord, I treasure the friends You have given me, friends who are there when I need them – to listen, encourage and believe in me. It is comforting when they share my pain and exhilarating when they share my joy. Help me to be the friend they need as well. Above all, O God, I praise You for being the ultimate friend to me. All praise and thanks are Allah’s. Amin.
~FRASY LIVE LUX~
~XOXO~
No comments:
Post a Comment